The Church of Our Lady
Especially during Christmas the Church of Our Lady has a very special atmosphere since it is located directly on the Christkindlesmarkt. From it's galery the Christkinds opens her market with a ceremonious prologue every year. The location has a very moving past.
St. Sebald Church
Nuremberg's oldest city parish church was built around 1215 as a three-aisled late Romanesque pillared basilica with two choirs. As early as 1309 the original side aisles were widened and altered in the Gothic style. The church - as well as many other buildings in the historic city center of Nuremberg - was destroyed during World War II. St. Sebald was reconstructed in 1957 and reconsecrated.
St. Lawrence Church
The building of St. Lawrence begun about 1250. Originally built as a three-aisled basilica in the high Gothic style the church was later extended with an imposing late Gothic hall choir (1439-1477). It has a magnificent west facade with a splendid portal which is richly decorated with statuary and rose windows (mid-14th century). The two impressive towers are 80 and 81 meters high.